Pipo’s Aces is is my take on the Ace Assembly plot (that’s why it bears my name!), more precisely on the Slow-Motion Aces plot by Dai Vernon. It is a pet routine of mine that I’ve been using, and I still use, as the closer of my formal close up magic show. I truly believe is one of the most powerful and memorable effects I do. Check out the uncut and unedited performance of the effect.
Now you can study thoroughly and dive into it with the complete course I carefully put together. Total running time is 75 minutes in 17 chapters.
The four aces are signed on the face and on the back. Twelve indifferent cards are dealt on 4 piles on the table, three cards each. A signed ace is placed in each pile. The one with the ace of spades, the leader ace, is wrapped with a rubber band. One by one the aces magically travel to join the aces of spades, under the strictest conditions and most severe scrutiny, transposing with the indifferent cards. The last one arriving in the spectator’s hands, where the packet wrapped with the rubber band only contains the 4 aces
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 01 PIPO’S ACES PERFORMANCE – 8 min
- 02 ORIGINS – 8 min: Where I talk about the inspiration and references of the routine
- 03 SLOW ACES – FAST ACES – 2 min: Where I briefly comment about the two major types of ace assemblies and the typical strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
- 04 SLOW ACES CLASSIC STRUCTURE – 3 min. Where I focus in the standard structure -method wise- of the slow aces plot and the main problems or challenges it faces.
- 05 EARLY VERSION 7,5 min: Where I briefly review some previous versions of the routine, with different technical solutions and using a coin instead of a rubber band
- 06 RUBBERBAND 3 min: Where I explain how the rubber band makes its way to the routine and how it evolved overtime.
- 07 ODD BACKS VS SIGNATURES 2 min: Where I discuss the idea and some possibilities of using signatures on the back instead of odd backed cards.
- 08 PIPO’S ACES SET UP 3 min
- 09 PIPO’S ACES EXPLANATION INITIAL SITUATION 9 min
- 10 PIPO’S ACES EXPLANATION 1ST AND 2ND ACES 6.5 min
- 11 PIPO’S ACES EXPLANATION LAST ACE 4 min
- 12 PIPO’S ACES LAST COMMENTS 3.5 min
- 13 BONUS ROUTINE PERFORMANCE 1 min: Where I perform a routine with a four ace production featuring a triumph effect and a color changing deck that can be used as the prelude to the routine.
- 14 BONUS ROUTINE ORIGINS AND SET UP 2 min
- 15 BONUS ROUTINE EXPLANATION 7 min
- 16 PIPO’S ACES BONUS PERFORMANCE 8 min: A HD live performance of the routine as the closer of the act I performed in the Magic Castle Close-up gallery in 2016
- 17 ROLLING CREDITS 1 min